Spotlight: Roya Mahdavi Movahed

Roya Mahdavi Movahed is a Greenhouse Studios SFA Graduate Research Assistant.

My name is Roya Mahdavi Movahed and I am pursuing a Master of Fine Arts in Digital Media & Design.  I have been in the field of visual communications for several years working as a visual designer and multimedia specialist.  Before coming to Greenhouse Studios, I worked for five years in multimedia and worked for two years as a visual designer for a prominent telecommunication company in Iran, called MTNIrancell. In 2013, I was awarded first place at the Iranian Visual Arts Festival.

My research focuses on the impact of motion and static visual elements on social media.  During my time at UConn, I will be focusing on User Experience Design and examining the aesthetic, psychological, and sociological aspects of digital product design.  I am a highly motivated, creative, and conscientious professional who is eager to learn the principles of digital arts, so I am able to achieve more effective methods of communication.  My personal passion as designer is to enhance visual literacy by creating effective designs.

Can’t find me at Greenhouse Studios? I’m at the gym!