Spotlight: Jin Liu

Jin Liu is a Greenhouse Studios SFA Graduate Research Assistant.

My name is Jin Liu and I’m a first year DMD graduate student from China.  I’m pursuing a Master of Fine Arts in Digital Media & Design with a concentration in Game Design. Before attending UConn, I went to Beijing Film Academy in China and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Media Art. There, I was a vice minister of the Rights and Interests Department in the Student Union. I was responsible for planning a number of university-level activities, and participated in the design of the university’s online lost-and-found system.  I’m looking forward to joining the fencing club and Rainbow Center.

As an international student in the United States, I look forward to the collision of cultures and new adventures.  It is my hope that I can explore different ways of thinking and various ways to solve problems.  I’m looking forward to working with people from other majors to create wonderful works.  It is my goal to help generate creative ideas and offer practical help for Greenhouse Studios projects, as well as collaborate with my colleagues, learning from each other’s strengths.

While I like to participate in various activities, I also enjoy time alone.  I am still young, so I have plenty of time to try new and interesting things, while exploring the wonderful connection between people.

To see some of my work, visit my website or visit my youtube channel.