Spotlight: Lauren Harland

Lauren Harland is a Greenhouse Studios Undergraduate Research Assistant.

Lauren HarlandMy name is Lauren Harland and I am a sophomore undergraduate student at the University of Connecticut. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media & Design with a concentration in Business Strategies. Before attending UConn, I went to Averill Park High School just outside of Albany, NY. There, I was an editor of the school newspaper, the vice president of my class, and heavily involved in the art department. In my first year at UConn I joined the marketing team for UConn’s Human Rights Symposium. Next semester, I hope to join the American Sign Language and Paws & Claws clubs.

Within my Digital Media & Design major, I am excited to explore all branches of the department, including those outside of my concentration. I can’t wait to meet other DMD students and professors and to form connections within the department. Next semester I am most excited to take the Foundations in DMD course to get an overview of the many possibilities within the digital media field.

This summer I joined Greenhouse Studios as an Undergraduate Research Assistant. I am thrilled to join such a collaborative team and to learn about the many applications of design within the studio. I am most excited to explore digital branding, user interface design and incorporating research into the design process of a project. I hope that collaborating with the other students and designers at Greenhouse Studio will allow me to grow my understanding of digital media and come up with new ideas on how it can be used to influence the world.

In my free time, I enjoy reading, painting, spending time outside and buying my dog new toys.