Greenhouse Studios | Scholarly Communications Design at the University of Connecticut solves the problems and explores the opportunities of scholarship in the “digital age.” A transdisciplinary collective, Greenhouse Studios reframes the practices, pathways and products of scholarly communications through design-based, inquiry-driven, collaboration-first approaches to the creation and expression of knowledge.
Greenhouse Studios Blog
- Greenhouse Studios Supports Open Data Salon at Hartford Public LibraryGreenhouse Studios members are actively involved in the larger issues facing scholarly communications outside of our research. On the brisk morning of October 26th, I gathered with several other presenters mostly representing UConn at the Hartford Public Library to showcase projects that benefit from—or contribute to making available—openly and freely accessible data. This event, Open […]
- Design Thinking WorkshopOn Tuesday, October 24th, 28 participants consisting of faculty, librarians, and Greenhouse Studios collaborators engaged in a Design Thinking Workshop at Greenhouse Studios. Led by Tom Scheinfeldt, Clarissa Ceglio, and Sara Sikes, the workshop explored the “understand” phase of the Greenhouse Studios design process model.
- Fully-funded Greenhouse Studios Graduate StudentshipsGreenhouse Studios, in partnership with the University of Connecticut School of Fine Arts, is pleased to announce two funded M.F.A. studentships in either Digital Media & Design or Studio Art. The studentships will provide full tuition, health benefits, and a half-time graduate research assistantship with Greenhouse Studios | Scholarly Communications Design at UConn. Greenhouse Studios […]
- Spotlight: Brooke Foti GemmellBrooke Foti Gemmell is a Design Technologist at Greenhouse Studios who joined us from the Archives and Special Collections at the University of Connecticut. She is an enthusiastic and passionate member of the team. Brooke recently answered some questions related to her role at Greenhouse Studios.
- A Greenhouse Takes Root in the LibraryGreetings and welcome to the Greenhouse Studios blog! We are currently settling into the newly renovated 1st floor of UConn’s Homer D. Babbidge Library, and we are thrilled to be in our new space. The glass walls echo the setting of an actual greenhouse, and the brightly lit room inspires our ideation, creativity, and collaborative […]