Greenhouse Studios | Scholarly Communications Design at the University of Connecticut forges diverse and democratic collaborations that build humanities scholarship in new formats to engage new audiences.
Greenhouse Studios Blog
- Thomas Lee Describes The Charles V Project in Video InterviewEnter Greenhouse Studios and you'll almost always spot Design Technologist Tom Lee diligently at work in the corner project room. Step up to its glass wall and inside you'll see architectural blueprints, virtual reality (VR) equipment, and Tom, who's often wearing a pair of VR goggles and staring into space. He's not just day dreaming, […]
- Alom from the Fino Project Runs 16-mm Film Workshop with StudentsThe Workshop On the evening of November 9th, I gathered in the Ballard Institute of Puppetry theater to watch four short films produced by students with old-fashioned 16-mm cameras. The films were made in a workshop conducted by Cuban artist Juan Carlos Alom, a filmmaker and photographer whose work has been exhibited throughout the world, […]
- Greenhouse Studios Supports Open Data at Hartford Public LibraryGreenhouse Studios members are actively involved in the larger issues facing scholarly communications outside of our research. On the brisk morning of October 26th, I gathered with several other presenters mostly representing UConn at the Hartford Public Library to showcase projects that benefit from—or contribute to making available—openly and freely accessible data. This event, Open […]
- Design Thinking WorkshopOn Tuesday, October 24th, 28 participants consisting of faculty, librarians, and Greenhouse Studios collaborators engaged in a Design Thinking Workshop at Greenhouse Studios. Led by Tom Scheinfeldt, Clarissa Ceglio, and Sara Sikes, the workshop explored the “understand” phase of the Greenhouse Studios design process model.
- Fully-funded Greenhouse Studios Graduate StudentshipsGreenhouse Studios, in partnership with the University of Connecticut School of Fine Arts, is pleased to announce two funded M.F.A. studentships in either Digital Media & Design or Studio Art. The studentships will provide full tuition, health benefits, and a half-time graduate research assistantship with Greenhouse Studios | Scholarly Communications Design at UConn. Greenhouse Studios […]