Greenhouse Studios | Scholarly Communications Design at the University of Connecticut forges diverse and democratic collaborations that build humanities scholarship in new formats to engage new audiences.
Greenhouse Studios Blog
- The Understand Phase ExplainedWhen people ask me about what we do at Greenhouse Studios, it is challenging to distill all of its ambitions into a easily digestible tidbit. Ultimately, we are attempting to change the way scholarship is produced. As a result, many of Greenhouse Studios’ features are responsive to the limitations of mainstream academic practice. In this […]
- Greening Greenhouse StudiosSource: Home Design Ideas Greenhouse Studios opened the doors of its new workspace on level 1 of the Homer Babbidge Library in August of 2017. As a new open-plan multi-functional office space, it had room for finishing touches and decorative elements. My immediate response to the name “Greenhouse” envisioned lush plantlife along its glass walls. […]
- Greenhouse Studios Named UConn Spirit Awards FinalistSara Sikes, Tom Scheinfeldt, Jonathan the Husky, and Clarissa Ceglio at the 2018 UConn Spirit Awards Congratulations to the Greenhouse Studios Working Group, which was recognized today as a finalist for the 2018 Team Award at a ceremony for the UConn Spirit Awards! The team was one of three finalists, along with the University Events […]
- River Soma Brings to Life Our Design Process ModelWhen you walk into the Greenhouse Studios space, you are greeted by a giant hand-painted mural of our design process model. As your eyes follow the flexible path and big colorful circles which represent the phases of our process, you are transported to a world of inquiry, collaboration, innovation, and creativity. River Soma, one of […]
- Thomas Lee Describes The Charles V Project in Video InterviewEnter Greenhouse Studios and you'll almost always spot Design Technologist Tom Lee diligently at work in the corner project room. Step up to its glass wall and inside you'll see architectural blueprints, virtual reality (VR) equipment, and Tom, who's often wearing a pair of VR goggles and staring into space. He's not just day dreaming, […]