Greenhouse Studios | Scholarly Communications Design at the University of Connecticut solves the problems and explores the opportunities of scholarship in the “digital age.” A transdisciplinary collective, Greenhouse Studios reframes the practices, pathways and products of scholarly communications through design-based, inquiry-driven, collaboration-first approaches to the creation and expression of knowledge.
Greenhouse Studios Blog
- Spotlight: Brooke Foti GemmellBrooke Foti Gemmell is a Design Technologist at Greenhouse Studios who joined us from the Archives and Special Collections at the University of Connecticut. She is an enthusiastic and passionate member of the team. Brooke recently answered some questions related to her role at Greenhouse Studios.
- A Greenhouse Takes Root in the LibraryGreetings and welcome to the Greenhouse Studios blog! We are currently settling into the newly renovated 1st floor of UConn’s Homer D. Babbidge Library, and we are thrilled to be in our new space. The glass walls echo the setting of an actual greenhouse, and the brightly lit room inspires our ideation, creativity, and collaborative […]
- We’re hiring a Greenhouse Studios Mellon Fellow!Greenhouse Studios is growing, and we’re looking for a creative, collaboration-minded project leader with proven organizational skills and a terminal degree in the humanities or social sciences, fine arts, or library and information science to join us. The new Greenhouse Studios Mellon Fellow will collaborate with our interdisciplinary project teams to conceive and develop technical […]
- We’re hiring!Greenhouse Studios is growing, and we’re looking for an energetic, creative maker to join us as a core member of the Greenhouse Studios staff. The new Design Technologist will collaborate with Greenhouse Studios’ interdisciplinary project teams to conceive and develop technical approaches and design solutions to support innovative, multi-modal scholarly works. This is a two […]
- Greenhouse Studios’ First Projects Grapple with The Limits of TextGreenhouse Studios, a new research unit at the University of Connecticut, is beginning implementation of a collaboration-first approach for the creation and communication of scholarship thanks to a $789,000 grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. This award is the first of its kind at UConn and part of the Mellon Foundation’s Scholarly Communications program, […]